Stylish men’s jackets come to mind when it comes to styling during winter, but you might think there are not many options available, and this is where you are wrong. You don’t need a trendy jacket with no purpose for saving you in such a chilly season. Also referred to as a down jacket, a puffer jacket is a 90s fashion staple with practical benefits when styling it. These mens puffer jackets provide your body with warmth and a trendy look, which not only hip-hoppers style but even people climbing mountains and polar explorers; this might give you an idea of what they can bring to the table. Not only are these used for benefits purposes, but they also have such popularity that it is not overlooked by fashion designers, who style their models with different puffer jackets on the runway. These puffer jackets come in various shapes and sizes; it doesn’t matter what you are looking for, whether it’s a black puffer jacket, a jacket with 3 different colours, or a reversible jacket, you will get it.
This article will look at different mens puffer jacket and what styles you should consider:
Different Types of Puffer Jacket
There are mainly two types of insulations that mens puffer jackets use. We will look into both and their benefits:
- Down Puffer Jacket: A down puffer jacket is an item that uses insulation through the feathers. This is an excellent choice for chilly winters as the fluffiness or loft creates numerous small air pockets that easily trap warm air, keep it there, and heat the insides. The benefits of the Down mens puffer jacket are its great heat retention and flexible temperature range, making it suitable for cold and warm temperatures and easier to pack as it can get compressed.
- Synthetic Puffer Jacket: These puffer jackets use insulation made of man-produced fibres instead of feathers. They can be a great choice for people who don’t want to style an item made from animal products. The main benefits of these Puffer jackets are that they are less expensive, do not lose their insulating property if wet, and are easier to clean.
Features of Puffer Jackets
While choosing mens puffer jacket, there are a few features you could look for to decide on which one is better for you:
- Hoods: A hood can stand out as essential for you if you live in a very cold area, as they would help to provide extra warmth. They might also be helpful for you if you get caught in the rain, but remember that only a few puffer jackets have durable water-repellent coating hoods that are mostly functional for drizzles.
- Pockets: This feature would help you keep your important stuff with you when you are outside but also help you keep your hands warm when you place them inside it.
- Cuffed Sleeves: The cuffed sleeves are when elastic is used to keep the puffer jacket as close to your body as possible while the fabric on your sleeves is hemmed. Such cuffed sleeves ensure the heat is trapped inside your mens puffer jacket.
Different Ways to Style Puffer Jackets
The mens puffer jacket is versatile and fashionable. It is a great piece for any type of wardrobe. If you’re going to the mountains, going out on a cold day in town, or just want to look trendy yet comfy, there are many stylish ways to wear a puffer jacket.
Begin with a heavy-duty, thick-panel puffer jacket. Layer the jacket with a flanneled button-up shirt on the inside with your choice of another shirt, for example, a T-shirt on the outside to fight the icy winds. For your bottom half, denim or cargo trousers are advisable. Footwear is a definite. Opt for premium hikers or work boots. Accessorise with a fisherman beanie for warmth on your head.
The use of puffer jacket are not only limited to outdoor recreation; they can be easily integrated into your urban wardrobe. To give the jacket a more city-ready feel, choose a puffer free of a hood and kept sleek in easy-to-wear shades of black, grey or navy. By choosing a nicely neutral-coloured puffer, you ensure maximum wear across the whole season spectrum. Add to this a knitted roll neck layered under it and wear with a pair of wool trousers and a pair of premium leather sneakers.
Travelling to and from work in the cold is difficult. How do you keep comfortable yet look professional? One solution is mens puffer jacket. Wear a puffer jacket over your work clothes for a warm core with arm ventilation. Wear it with a woollen shirt and trousers. Team with smart leather hiking boots (check they meet your office dress code).
Streetwear fans have had a thing for mens puffer jacket, so this one has been expected. While the time-honoured favourite was made popular in the ’90s when it came out as people started flocking to the US, where cold cities like New York and Chicago meant you needed a warm puffer jacket, it was in the 30s that the puffer jacket first came into existence. Replacing a few generic brands with just a simple, timeless puffer jacket. Which every streetwear enthusiast should have in their arsenal, and the timeless streetwear look is all that matters here. You approach this by gathering essential urban wear items, statement pieces, and an air of ever-changing street-based confidence.
Mens puffer jacket is a must for your winter wardrobe, which protects you from the chilly winds and gives a fashionable look. You can style it with a dozen pieces of clothing and stand out from your friends, colleagues, and relatives. This article has provided all the information you need about puffer jackets, from different types to how to style them for this winter. Now, you can look like a model down the runway without seeking too much clothing advice from people.