As we move into 2023, there are some exciting new trends in kitchen cabinets and countertops that are emerging. From bold color choices to modern and minimalistic designs, here are some of the latest trends to consider when designing or remodeling your kitchen.
Cabinets are a crucial element of any kitchen, providing storage space while also contributing to the overall style and design. Below, find some cabinet trends:
- Bold Colors: One of the most significant trends in kitchen cabinets is the use of bold, statement-making colors. Homeowners are moving away from classic whites and neutrals and opting for more vibrant shades like navy blue, forest green, and even black.
- Mix and Match: Another trend is the mixing and matching of cabinet colors and finishes. Designers are incorporating different colors or textures on upper and lower cabinets to add visual interest to the kitchen.
- Handle-less Cabinets: Sleek and modern handle-less cabinets are becoming more popular in contemporary kitchens. These cabinets feature a push-open mechanism or finger-pull groove, which creates a clean, streamlined look.
- Glass-front Cabinets: Glass-front cabinets have always been a popular choice for showcasing dishware and collectibles. In 2023, designers are taking it to the next level by incorporating frosted or textured glass for a more unique look.
Countertops are one of the most important features in a kitchen, not only for their functionality but also for their aesthetics.
- Large-format Countertops: Large-format countertops are gaining popularity due to their sleek, seamless appearance. These countertops are typically made of natural stone, quartz, or porcelain and can create a dramatic impact in a modern kitchen.
- Bold and Veiny: Bold, veiny patterns in natural stone are becoming a popular choice for countertops. These designs add a unique and eye-catching element to the kitchen and can be paired with more subtle cabinet colors for a balanced look.
- Waterfall Edges: Waterfall edges are a trend that has been around for a while, but it’s still gaining popularity in 2023. These countertops extend down the sides of the island or peninsula, creating a continuous flow of material.
- Textured Countertops: For those looking to add a more tactile element to their kitchen, textured countertops are a great option. These surfaces feature unique patterns or finishes that add depth and interest to the kitchen.
While there are plenty of new trends to embrace in 2023, some materials and styles are losing their popularity. Here are a few things to avoid:
- Shaker Cabinets: While shaker cabinets have been a popular choice for years, they are starting to feel overdone. Designers are looking for ways to incorporate more unique cabinet designs.
- Granite Countertops: Granite countertops have been a staple in kitchens for decades, but they are starting to feel dated. Homeowners are opting for more unique and modern materials like porcelain and quartz.
- Subway Tile Backsplashes: Subway tile has been a go-to choice for kitchen backsplashes for years, but in 2023, designers are looking for something new. Hexagon tiles, large-format tiles, and textured tiles are gaining popularity.
How Important Is It To Hire a Professional Installer When It Comes To Installing Kitchen Countertops?
Hiring a professional installer when you have to install kitchen countertops is highly important. Countertops are a critical part of any kitchen, and a poorly installed countertop can lead to a host of problems, including damage to cabinets or appliances, as well as potential safety hazards.
Professional installers have the experience, tools, and knowledge necessary to ensure that the countertops are installed correctly and securely. They can also make sure that the countertop is level and properly sealed, preventing water damage and other issues.
What Materials And Styles Are Falling Out of Favor In Kitchen Cabinet And Countertop Design For 2023?
In 2023, materials and styles that are falling out of favor in the kitchen cabinet and countertop design include traditional wood finishes, granite countertops, and overly ornate designs.
While wood has been a popular choice for cabinets for years, homeowners are now opting for more modern materials like metal, glass, or laminates.
Similarly, granite countertops, which were once considered the gold standard, are being replaced by more sustainable and cost-effective materials like quartz or porcelain.
Overly ornate or embellished designs are also falling out of favor, as homeowners are gravitating towards simpler, more streamlined looks that prioritize functionality and minimalism.
Finally, traditional cabinet styles like raised panels or shaker cabinets are being replaced by more unique designs, like a slab or Euro-style cabinets.
In summary, 2023 is all about making a statement with bold colors and textures. Whether you’re renovating your kitchen or building a new one, incorporating these new trends can help bring your kitchen up-to-date and create a space that reflects your style.