Hey, best friends! Are you struggling with content ideas to post on Instagram? I carefully researched over 200 creative Instagram posting ideas you can use to grow your page.
No matter what your Instagram page is about, rest assured that you will find ideas that you can use for your page, and you will never ever run out of Instagram content again. That’s a promise!!
To create this list of Instagram post ideas, I carefully analyzed top-performing Instagram pages in popular niches, from travel pages, fitness, blogging, musicians, models, and every kind of business page and individual page.
To utilize the ideas you find here to the fullest, I will advise you to create a content plan from the ideas below.
Therefore, jot down the ideas that fit well for your page and spread them throughout the week.
These are not just lists of vague ideas; I have taken the time to show you how you are going to pull each idea off. It’s a well-researched and resourceful article.
You should consider bookmarking this page and maybe sharing it on your social media platform. (I would appreciate that)
Let’s dive in now.
- First Instagram Post Ideas
- Business Instagram Post Ideas
- Birthday Post Ideas for Instagram
- Creative Ideas for Instagram Posts
- Content Ideas for Instagram Influencers
- Digital Marketing Instagram Post Ideas
- Fitness Instagram Post Ideas
- Fashion Post ideas for Instagram
- Food Instagram Post Idea
- Funny Instagram posts Ideas
- Giveaway Instagram Post Ideas
- Graphic Design Instagram Post Ideas
- Interior Design Instagram Post Ideas
- Lifestyle Content Ideas for Instagram
- Monday Instagram Post Ideas
- Restaurant Instagram Post Ideas
- Real Estate Post Ideas for Instagram
- Instagram Post Ideas for Photographers
- Pet Instagram Post Ideas
- Travel Instagram Content Ideas
- Other Creative Instagram posting ideas
- Instagram Posting ideas FAQ
First Instagram Post Ideas
In the world of Instagram, it is important to create a first impression. The first post is the one that people will see and remember.
It’s important to get your audience engaged by sharing relevant content that they want to see.
Here are some of the best first Instagram post ideas you can use:
- Make a picture collage of your favorite moments from your life.
- Post a picture of yourself with friends or family members and caption it as if you were talking directly to them in person.
- Show off your new outfit or accessories with a cute photo of you wearing them!
- Bring out the foodie in everyone by posting a photo of an awesome meal you’ve made or eaten at some point in time!
- A photo of you with your family and friends
- Take a photo of yourself doing something creative and share it with your followers on Instagram!
- Create a video for your Instagram posts where you talk about who you are as a person, what makes you unique, etc. You can even add video effects to make it look more interesting than just regular photos!
- A photo of you doing something you love, like hiking, or playing sports
- Share an inspiring quote from someone famous such as Gandhi or Nelson Mandela in their own word
- A photo of you at a wedding or engagement party
- Use photos of yourself looking at the camera with a funny caption that tells us more about you and your life story!
- Photo with an interesting background and a creative caption.
Business Instagram Post Ideas
Instagram is a great way to connect with your audience. The photo-sharing app allows users to share photos and short videos, as well as live streams and stories.
When you’re looking for ways to grow your business on Instagram, there are many different types of posts that you can create.
Here are some creative and inspiring business Instagram post ideas that will help you get started:
- Share a behind-the-scenes look at your business by posting an old photo or video from the archives.
- Use Instagram Stories to share content that people will want to see again and again (including new content).
- Create a video introduction video to showcase what sets your business apart from others in its field or industry.
- Showcase your expertise by sharing useful content such as guides, checklists, or how-tos related to your area of expertise (e.g., how-to videos, and product reviews).
- Share some advice on how customers can improve their own lives after purchasing from you (e.g., tips on how they can apply what they learned while buying something from you).
- Showcase Your Products in Photos
- Share Amazing Photos of Customers Using Your Product
- Include a link in one of your posts so visitors can visit an external website when they click on
- Share an inspirational quote from someone who has gone before you into the world of entrepreneurship (think Maya Angelou).
- Showcase Your Company Culture Through Photos
- Take Photos at an Event or Conference
- Share a Photo of You Working While Travelling
Birthday Post Ideas for Instagram
A birthday is a special occasion and the best way to celebrate it is by sharing your sweet memories with others.
Whether you want to share a sentimental picture or an adorable selfie, these Instagram birthday post ideas can help you make your birthday special.
Here are some of the best Instagram birthday post ideas that you can use when planning your own posts:
- Make a collage with photos of moments during your birthday celebrations. You can also add captions to personalize each image.
- Use filters to transform your photos into artwork. If you have friends who have uploaded their own photos on Instagram, ask them for permission first before using them in your posts.
- Take pictures of memorable moments throughout the day and then share them with friends through Instagram Stories or private messages on Facebook Messenger.
- Show off the cake and ice cream
- Upload a photo of you with friends and family members who are celebrating with you
- Take group photos with all the people in your life who are celebrating with you for your special day
- Take A Selfie With Some Of Your Favorite Childhood Toys
- Share a picture of yourself with some friends and say “Happy birthday to me
- Share a photo of an object that represents your age. For example, if you’re turning 23, share a photo of your favorite pair of sneakers
- Share a photo of your favorite bottle of wine. This can be a fun way to get creative and show off the things that make up who you are!
Creative Ideas for Instagram Posts
The first step to a great Instagram account is to develop a content strategy.
What kind of photos or videos are you going to post?
What sorts of things are you going to share with your followers?
Developing a content strategy is important because it will help you stay focused and consistent with your posting.
It can be helpful to consider your content strategy as a sort of “theme” for your account; this will make it easier for you to come up with new and interesting ideas for your posts.
To get you started, here are some creative Instagram post ideas!
- Share a behind-the-scenes look at your business
- Show off a new product or service
- Share a new blog post or article
- Repost a customer review or testimonial
- Offer a discount or coupon code
- Share an inspiring quote
- Announce a company milestone
- Introduce a new employee or team member
- Share a photo from a company event
- Ask a question to spark engagement
- Share an industry news article
- Share helpful tips or tutorial
- Offer a sneak peek of something upcoming
- Host a giveaway or contest
- Congratulate a customer or client on a milestone
- Share a before-and-after photo
- Share a customer story or testimonial
- Offer a freebie
Content Ideas for Instagram Influencers
If you are an influencer, you probably know that this platform is where people go to find your content and where they interact with you.
If you don’t have a strong presence on Instagram, then it’s time to get started!
Here are some innovative and inspiring content ideas for Instagram Influncers:
- A post about your favorite product or service.
- A photo of yourself or a friend doing something creative and fun.
- A video showing off the best moments from your day, week, or month.
- A video of you singing, playing an instrument, or dancing around a room with friends and family in the background.
- A photo of yourself holding up a sign that says “I’m not perfect, but I’m learning to love myself anyway!”
- A post about how to do something new, like cooking an exotic dish from scratch or building a new piece of furniture from scratch (both can be helpful for Instagrammers who may want to build their own brand).
- Photos of your favorite food or beverage products that you use on a daily basis.
- Create a “how-to” video: A tutorial video is a great way to get your followers interested in what you do and show them how easy it is for them to follow your advice.
- Use colorful background photos: You can take any boring photo and transform it into something beautiful with just a few colors and filters.
- Photos of your morning routine
- Photos of places where you travel and things that inspire you when you’re there
Digital Marketing Instagram Post Ideas
Instagram is a great place to share your digital marketing strategies, photos, and videos.
It’s a social network where you can easily share your content and engage with your audience.
However, there are many brands that don’t know how to use Instagram for their business.
They don’t know what works and what doesn’t work on the platform.
If you want to grow your Instagram following and make more conversions, you need to come up with some creative ideas for your posts.
Here are some creative and inspiring Instagram post ideas that will help you get started!
- Post a photo from your latest client project
- Share a photo of a campaign you’ve worked on
- Share a photo that includes something from your product line
- Share an Instagram account for products or services you offer
- Post photos of your products (or services) used by customers
- Share photos of your employees who are engaged in their work
- Post photos of the places you visit on vacation or business trips (with hashtags to share with clients)
- Post photos of people who have been helped by your business, especially if they’re customers or clients (with hashtags to share with clients)
- Post photos of people who are happy with your business, especially if they’re customers or clients (with hashtags to share with clients)
- Share videos or images with written captions that relate to what’s happening in the video or image
- Answer Questions In The Comments Of People Who Follow You
- Create An Instagram Story About A Topic That You Have Expertise In
Fitness Instagram Post Ideas
Fitness Instagram posts are a great way to engage with your audience, increase engagement on your profile, and build a community of followers.
Whether you’re trying to increase the reach of your fitness account or just want to share some inspiring photos, here are some fitness Instagram post ideas to get you started.
- Show your progress
- Take a selfie with the mirror
- Share a workout tip
- Use props to make your post more interesting
- Show off some of your best workouts and results
- Share a food tip or recipe for achieving better results at the gym
- Throwback post; This is an easy way to show your love for fitness and the past, as well as inspire others. It’s also great for showing off your goals, progress, and results.
- Show how you use social media to help you stay motivated
- A before-and-after shot–it’s a great way to show people how much better you look after achieving your goals!
- Share a workout schedule for the week or month (or longer) so that others can follow along as well
- Use social media to share inspiration for getting active with others by posting photos of yourself in action together (i.e., at different gyms, classes, parks, etc.)
- Share an inspiring quote about working out or staying healthy, or an inspiring story about someone else who has overcome barriers to get fit
- Show how you are helping others become healthier by sharing photos of yourself doing something good for yourself like going on a walk or bike ride with them (or even just by being there in spirit)
- Share your Workout playlists
Fashion Post ideas for Instagram
Are you having trouble coming up with fashion post ideas for Instagram?
If you’re stuck in a scroll-stopping, post-posting rut, don’t worry. We’ve all been there.
To get your creative juices flowing and your fashion posts on point.
Here are some of the top fashion post ideas for Instagram.
- Post about your favorite fashion designer and why you love their work.
- Share a photo or two of your own personal style.
- Do a “fashion inspiration of the week” post, featuring a celebrity or style icon you admire.
- Round up some of the best spring/summer fashion trends.
- Post about a fashion-related topic that’s close to your heart, like body positivity or sustainability.
- Share a photo of you wearing an item of clothing or jewelry that has sentimental value.
- Give your followers a peek into your closet and show off some of your favorite fashion finds.
- Do a try-on haul of recent fashion purchases.
- Share a fashion or beauty tip you’ve learned recently.
- Offer a sneak preview of upcoming fashion trends
Food Instagram Post Idea
Food is the most important part of our lives. No matter how old we are, we always crave food and many people love to eat.
If you are also a foodie and love to post some amazing photos of your food on Instagram, then check out these creative food Instagram post ideas.
- Share quick baking or cooking tip.
- Review a local restaurant or bakery.
- Review a cookbook.
- Share the best food apps.
- Create a food challenge or you can participate in one.
- Behind the scenes, look at your kitchen.
- Prepare a dish inspired by a favorite movie or book.
- Write about your favorite childhood recipe.
- Share your favorite cooking equipment.
- Create a menu and share the recipes for it.
Funny Instagram posts Ideas
Are you looking for ideas on how to make your Instagram account more fun and interesting?
If you are, then you’ve come to the right place!
Here are some creative and funny Instagram post ideas to get you started.
- Announce a contest with a humorous prize
- Repost a funny meme or image
- Share a funny story about your company
- Sneak a funny message into a serious post
- Make a funny pun about your product
- Share a funny photo of your team
- Get creative with your company’s hashtags
- Share a funny video
- Collaborate with other funny brands
- Participate in trends with a funny twist
- Make light of a current event
- Take a stand on a lighthearted issue
- Be irreverent
- Be self-deprecating
- just be funny!
Giveaway Instagram Post Ideas
Are you looking for some creative and inspiring giveaway Instagram post ideas?
If you’re trying to grow your Instagram page, giveaways are a great way to get more followers and engagement.
But coming up with creative and unique giveaway ideas can be tough.
Here is a list of some creative and inspiring giveaway Instagram post ideas that’ll surely grow your page.
- Encourage your followers to tag a friend in the comments for a chance to win.
- Have people share your post and use a specific hashtag for a chance to win.
- Only those who comment on your post will be entered to win.
- Like and share this post for a chance to win.
- Repost this image and tag me for a chance to win.
- Follow me and this account for a chance to win.
- Liking this post enters you to win.
- Make a post about what you’re grateful for and tag me for a chance to win
- Post about your favorite thing about fall and tag me for a chance to win
- Post about what you’re doing for Halloween and tag me for a
Graphic Design Instagram Post Ideas
As a graphic designer, it can be tough to come up with new and fresh ideas for your Instagram page.
Here is a list of graphic design Instagram post ideas that are sure to inspire you.
- Share your process.
- Showcase your work.
- Share your inspiration.
- Offer insight into your work.
- Share your tips and tricks.
- Offer advice to other designers.
- Share your favorite design resources.
- Offer freebies and discounts.
- Give behind-the-scenes peeks.
- Collaborate with other designers.
- Share your favorite design quotes.
Interior Design Instagram Post Ideas
As an interior designer, your Instagram account is a great way to showcase your work and attract new clients.
But if you’re feeling stuck on what to post, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some inspiring interior design Instagram post ideas that’ll surely grow your page.
- Make a before-and-after post of a project you worked on
- Post a photo of a detail from a room you designed
- Showcase a before-and-after of a furniture makeover
- Share a photo of a unique or inspiring piece of furniture
- Do a round-up post of your favorite finds from a flea market or antique store
- Post a photo of a room you designed with a short description
- Do a short video tour of a project you completed
- Post a photo of a room you designed with a short description
- Share a photo of an inspiring piece of art
- Do a short video tour of a project you completed
- Give a behind-the-scenes look
Lifestyle Content Ideas for Instagram
In a world where Insta-famous influencers get paid to do things like lounge around in bikinis and post pictures of their avocado toast, it’s easy to feel like your life is boring in comparison.
But the truth is, there are plenty of people out there who are interested in creative and inspiring content that doesn’t involve pictures of half-naked people or overpriced food.
If you’re looking for some creative and inspiring lifestyle content ideas for Instagram, then you’ve come to the right place!
Keep reading for some creative ideas that will help you grow your page and gain more followers.
- Create a series of posts featuring quotes from inspiring people
- Share photos and stories of people living their best lives
- Share tips and advice on how to live a happier and healthier life
- Share your own stories and experiences of personal growth and transformation
- Create a series of posts featuring inspiring quotes about life
- Share tips and advice on how to make the most of your life
- Share stories and photos of people who have overcome challenging situations
- Share stories and photos of people living their dream life
- Create a series of posts about your favorite things in life
- Share photos and stories of people living their best life
- Share tips and advice on how to find your passion and purpose in life
- Share stories and photos of people who have made a positive impact on the
Monday Instagram Post Ideas
Monday is the day that most people dread. It’s the start of a new work week and it can be hard to get motivated. But what if you could start your week off on a positive note?
Instagram is a great platform to share inspirational quotes, photos, and videos. And what better way to start off your week than by sharing something positive and inspiring?
Here are some inspiring Monday Instagram post ideas that will help you grow your page.
- Quote of the day
- Motivational message
- A look at what you’re working on this week
- A roundup of your weekend activities
- A behind-the-scenes look at your work
- A photo of your morning routine
- A customer or fan of the week
- A ‘ Monday tip’ post
- A post about your team or company culture
- A preview of upcoming products or events
- A post about your favorite Monday morning ritual
- A case study or testimonial
- A post about an industry news story
Restaurant Instagram Post Ideas
To maintain publicity, it is necessary to publish engaging and high-quality content on a regular basis.
Coming up with new ideas for your restaurant’s Instagram page can be difficult at times.
However, if you’re having trouble coming up with content for your page, here are some blog post ideas for you.
- Stories About Your Restaurant
- Kitchen Secrets with Your Chef
- Employee Spotlight
- Restaurant News & Announcements
- Customer Testimonials
- Tips for Fellow Restauranteurs
- Restaurant Specials and Promotions
- Restaurant FAQs
- Food and Drink Pairings
- Cooking Tips
- Drinks Tips & Tricks
- Local Suppliers Feature
- Food Trends
- New menu items
Real Estate Post Ideas for Instagram
Are you active on Instagram but struggling to come up with content ideas that will inspire your followers and grow your page? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here are some of the top real estate post ideas for Instagram that are sure to get your page noticed.
- Post beautiful photos of properties you’re selling or working on.
- Share behind-the-scenes photos and videos of you and your team at work.
- Give your followers a sneak peek of upcoming listings.
- Highlight your favorite features of a property.
- Share tips and advice for buying or selling a home.
- Offer up fun facts about the real estate industry.
- Share inspiring quotes about home, family, or community.
- Show off your company’s culture
- Create Just-Sold Posts
- Share Market Updates
Instagram Post Ideas for Photographers
Instagram is a platform full of possibilities for photographers. Your creativity is the only limit to what you can do.
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing and grow your Instagram following:
- Give a behind-the-scenes look at your photography process
- Share your photo shoot locations
- Share sneak peeks of your upcoming work
- Offer discounts and giveaways
- Feature other photographers on your page
- Share your editing process
- Make a series of photos that tell a story.
- Use props or unusual objects to add interest to your photos.
- Get creative with your camera angles.
- Shoot in black and white for a classic look.
- Use light and shadows to create the mood.
- Capture close-ups of everyday objects.
- Take photos of people in candid moments.
- Find interesting patterns and textures to photograph.
- Shoot in low light for a moody effect.
Pet Instagram Post Ideas
Pets are one of the most popular topics on Instagram, with millions of users posting photos and videos of their furry (and not-so-furry) friends.
If you’re looking to grow your pet-related Instagram page, then you’ll need to get creative with your content.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- A day in the life of your pet
- Your pet’s funniest moments
- Your pet’s cutest moments
- Your pet’s favorite things
- Your pet’s favorite places
- Your pet’s best friends
- Your pet’s worst enemies
- Your pet’s most annoying habits
- Your pet’s most lovable traits
- The many faces of your pet
- Your pet’s ultimate cuddling skills
- Your pet’s favorite things to chew on
- Your pet’s fear of (or love for) baths
- Your pet’s many napping spots
- Your pet’s unending quest for food
Travel Instagram Content Ideas
If you’re running out of ideas for your travel Instagram account, never fear!
Here is a list of some creative ideas that will help you grow your page and engage your followers.
- Share photos and stories of your travels
- Post beautiful landscapes and scenery
- Share photos of you with friends and family
- Document your adventures with photos and videos
- Share helpful tips and advice for other travelers
- Share your favorite travel quotes
- Share your packing list and travel essentials
- Share photos of you in your favorite travel clothes
- Share photos of you enjoying local food and drink
- Share your travel goals and bucket list
- Share your favorite travel memories
- Share your thoughts on current travel trends
- Share your travel playlists and music recommendations
Other Creative Instagram posting ideas
Well, for you to have gotten here, I will say you must have a lot of ideas crossing your mind right now and you just want to pick up your phone and start posting on Instagram.
But for folks that don’t fit into the categories, we have discussed, you don’t have to worry, cause I have got you covered
Here are some Instagram posting ideas that you can work with and that will surely help you build your following.
As Best friends don’t say I didn’t help you enough!
- Get your audience to talk to one another by asking a question.
- Post free eBooks or other downloadable content on your Instagram page
- Reading content on Instagram can be really time-consuming, so give your audience’s eyes a break and share a podcast episode.
- Sharing your whole playlist with a loyal or close audience or posting a Spotify playlist is a nice way to stay connected to your close audience
- If a fan shares anything worthy about your company or brand, make sure you post it on your page for other people to see.
- Share a piece of your history
- Ask your audience to finish a sentence. Trust me, this is usually fun, and it definitely encourages engagement.
- Offering your audience an incentive for any task they complete can serve as a means of encouragement to the audience.
- If you are not camera shy, then sharing your personal photo once in a while can be a nice idea.
- Tell your followers about ways to connect with you.
Instagram Posting ideas FAQ
Conclusion: Instagram Posting Ideas: 200 Amazing Content Ideas
As best friends, we should help each other out as much as possible. That’s why I’ve compiled this list of 200 creative and inspiring Instagram post ideas that will surely help you grow your page.
So, go out there and start posting!