Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms on the web. It is a photo-sharing, video-sharing and self-expression site for your photos. The product contains lots of different filters to edit your images. To make your photographs even more interesting you can use some editing applications to make them look perfect. But which apps are the best ones? This post will talk about the 20 best Instagram photo editors for Android and iPhone.
The Best Instagram Editing Apps for 2022
- Photoshop Express Photo Editor
- DarkRoom: Photo Editor, Effect
- Adobe Express: Graphic Design
- Avatan – Photo Editor Touch Up
- Lightroom Photo & Video Editor
- Instasize Pic Editor + Collage
- Tezza: Aesthetic Editor
- Picsart Photo & Video Editor
- Facetune2 Editor by Lightricks
- CapCut – Video Editor
- Pixlr – Photo Editor
- Foodie – Camera for Life
- Photo leap – Photo Editor Pro
- AirBrush: Easy Photo Editor
- Bazaart: Photo Editor & Design
- A Color Story
- Layout from Instagram: Collage
Let’s dive into these apps and their features. What makes them suitable for you? And take your photography game to the next level with these options.
Are you looking for the best Instagram filters for your next photo or story? Check this out!
20 of The Best Instagram Photo Editing Apps
VSCO is its own basic social networking site, with no follower counts, comments, or ads. However, it is really a simple picture editing program with roughly 20 free photos presets and conventional editing features (think brightness, contrast, saturation, all the stuff you need).
This application is one of the nicest Instagram photo editors.
- Advanced Photo Editing Tools
- Video Editor and VSCO Montage
- Connect with a Creative Community
- Membership Trials and Subscription Terms
Snapseed is a very basic and easy-to-use application that has simple preset filters and tools to edit photography. It was launched by Google back in 2012 and it’s a little more advanced than basic Instagram filters.
- 29 Tools and Filters
- Opens Jpegs and Raw Files
- Selective Filter Brush
- All Styles can be Tweaked with Fine, Precise Control
3. Photoshop Express Photo Editor
For years, Adobe has been a pioneer in image editing software and if you are not familiar with advanced software perks then this is your go-to product. On iOS and Android, the software is free, but advanced capabilities need in-app payments.
- Perspective Correction
- Remove Noise
- Apply Blur and Personalize with Style
- Select From Hundreds of Looks, Effects, and Filters for Pictures
- Selective Editing and Advanced Spot Healing
4. DarkRoom: Photo Editor, Effect
This app earned the 2020 Apple Design Award for Innovation and it is a simple and powerful photo and video editor. You can make collages, change image backgrounds, use the camera, and edit your favourite images.
- Pro and Framing Tools
- Premium Filters and Advanced Presets
- Transform and Adjust Photos
5. Adobe Express: Graphic Design
This is another excellent product from Adobe that helps to do so much more than edit pictures. It has preset templates to create Instagram posts and stories and it’s a very nice application. You can create all sorts of graphics, logos, youtube thumbnails, collages, cards, invitations, and so much more on this application.
- Add text to Photos
- Try Different Layouts
- Apply Effects and Filters to Photos
- Get the Photoshop-quality look you want with thousands of effects, filters, textures, and overlays
- Resize with just a tap and share directly to any social platform
6. Avatan – Photo Editor Touch Up
This app is a very simple app with preset effects, filters, and resources. It’s like a social media app where you can apply effects from posted images on different accounts. You can edit images from your phone’s gallery and explore resources on the app
7. Lightroom Photo & Video Editor
Lightroom is another exciting product from the good guys at Adobe. It is a complete premium application that you can use at an advanced level. In addition, it has more than 150 high-quality presets. You can edit videos, fix and adjust perspective, do batch editing, and many more. It’s a super application.
- Photo Presets and Filters
- Photo Editor and Camera
- Video Editor
- Premium Membership
8. Instasize Pic Editor + Collage
Instasize is a free application that is very simple and easy for you to use. On this app, you can resize photos specifically for Instagram. It also comes with filters and presets, a collage maker, photo borders and so on.
- Add Text to Photos
- Photo Borders
- Resize and Crop
- Collage Maker
- Filters and Presets
- Free Photo Editor
Afterlight is a very simple application that features over 130 photo filters created solely by photographers, as well as more than 20 advanced editing tools. The most common tools on this app are textures and overlays, and it’s a very straightforward and simple application to use.
- Adjustment Tools and Filters
- Textures and Frames
- Cropping and Transforming Tools
10. Tezza: Aesthetic Editor
If you’re looking to make your pictures pop then this is definitely your go-to application. Tezza comes with presets and editing tools for both images and movies. Also, the software is free to download, but you must join up for one of the subscriptions to enjoy its main features.
- Presets and Effects
- Templates and Overlays
- Feed Planner and Batch Editing
11. Picsart Photo & Video Editor
Picsart is an all-in-one photo editor that has a lot of features and tools to create and edit photos. On Picsart, you can create collages and drawings, get free photos, color backgrounds, and a ton of editing features and tools.
Additionally, this app comes with a video editor, a collage maker, drawing tools, and lots more exciting stuff. With this app, you can definitely bring your creativity to life.
- Photo and Video Editor
- Collage Maker
- Sticker Maker + Free Stickers
- Photo Effects and Filters
- Drawing Tool and Replay
12. Facetune2 Editor by Lightricks
From the name of the application itself, we can figure out what the case is here. Additionally, most influencers usually use this application to touch up and enhance their photos by removing blemishes, whitening teeth, changing eye color, removing stray hairs, and so on and forth.
This is a very good Instagram photo editor.
- Sharp and Detailed Selfies
- Easy Retouching
- All the Tools for your Photo Editing Needs
13. CapCut – Video Editor
Capcut is a video editing tool with cool features such as clip splitting, adding overlays and text, a music library, effects, filters, and a music library.
Furthermore, the program includes an easy-to-use interface and makes clip assembly simple. The best part is that it is completely free.
- Basic Video Editing
- Advanced Video Editor
- Trending Effects and Filters
- Music and Sound Effects
- Text and Stickers
14. Pixlr – Photo Editor
Pixlr is a very simple and easy-to-use application that helps to edit images for Instagram and other applications. You can create photo collages, adjust colour, remove blemishes, adjust tone, add text overlays, crop and resize your images, among other features.
15. Foodie – Camera for Life
Foodie is an incredibly simple camera app for people who enjoy eating and sharing their experiences on Instagram. The Foodie camera features a smart function that advises the ideal angle to click the shutter based on angles and illumination. Its filters are designed to make the food you’re eating seem its finest, from brilliant hues for pastries to rough tones for barbeque sessions.
Foodie is a very intuitive app and one of the greatest photo editors for Instagram
- Over 30 Professional Filters
- Smart Guide Feature for Best Image Capturing
- Editing of Bland Scenes
- Timer for Capturing Perfect Moments
16. Photo leap – Photo Editor Pro
Photoleap is a very intuitive app. It features functions such as crop, filter, brightness, contrast, saturation, text, stickers, and orientation among others. The application has a very basic and simple interface which would be easy for anyone to use
17. AirBrush: Easy Photo Editor
This app majorly deals with selfies. It has makeup, hair, and retouch tools that help to reshape, smoothen, sculpt, and resize face details. Airbrush is one of the nicest photo editors for Instagram
- Blemish and Pimple Remover
- Whiten Teeth and Brighten Eyes
- Perfect Skin in Every Photo
- Slim, Reshape, and Lengthen your Photo or Video
- Artistic Retouching Effects
- Natural Radiant Filters
18. Bazaart: Photo Editor & Design
This app comes with many easy-to-use templates for amazing content. On this app, you can edit pictures, and create designs for social media among others. This application is very simple, straightforward to use, and among the best photo editors.
- Premium Subscription
- Background Remover
- Enhance Photos
- Blend Photos to Create Mind-Blowing Effects
- Select Photos, Scale, Rotate, Position, Duplicate and Flip with Simple Touch Gestures
- Apply Fabulous Photo Filters to your Photos
19. A Color Story
Users can achieve a consistent look across different posts by using this app. Say for instance, that the colour of your brand is purple. You can create your own filters, and add a cast of purple to any photo you want, or download specific filter packs that perfectly complement that colour palette.
- Over 400 Filters
- 120+ Effects
- Custom Filters and Instagram Grid
20. Layout from Instagram: Collage
This app was created by Instagram for you to be able to remix your photos into cool layouts or collages and share them with friends. You can remix up to 9 of your photos at a time to create fun and personalized layouts and collages. This application is one of the best Instagram photo editors
- The Best Unfollow Apps For Instagram You Will Ever Need
- How To Increase Followers On Instagram – 20 Pro Tips
- Best Photographers on Instagram – Top 20
- How to Share Multiple Pictures on Instagram Feed or Story
That depends on what exactly you want from editing. A lot of good apps have been listed above that are very good at photo editing.
People on Instagram edit their photos on the app or by using third-party apps or websites such as the ones listed above
Yes! Instagram lets you edit photos on the app
Which of These Apps Belong to Your Arsenal? – Instagram Photo Editors for Android & iPhone (Top 20)
For the most part, we’ve covered a lot of great apps here. However, it’s worth pointing out that one of your best options might be to download multiple photo editors and compare them yourself. Chances are, you’ll find one that does what you want and doesn’t cost much either. With that in mind, happy shopping!