Appliance service provides ice makers repair. You can order ice maker repairs with installation at a comfortable price, carry out diagnostics, and work on restoration of various ice-generating devices.
Principle of operation
The general operating principle of ice makers is the same for home and industrial models from all manufacturers:
- Water under the pressure the pump creates penetrates the evaporator and freezes on its edges.
- The cubes or pyramids are broken off from the molds using hot steam. Scales or granules are formed by knives.
- The ice accumulates in a special bin, the indicator of which shows the amount of the finished product.
- The operation of the water pump, refrigeration unit, and water supply valve is controlled by a time relay, which turns off the equipment when the hopper is filled and turns it on again when the amount of ice in it decreases.
Technicians who know these operating principles can find and fix significant ice maker faults.
Major ice maker breakdowns and how to fix them
During operation, ice makers are subject to increased loads. Most often, the need to repair and restore the functionality of broken icemaker arises for the following reasons:
- The device stops turning on or does not turn off. This problem can be resolved by replacing the power button during repairs.
- The ice maker stops cooling the products in it to the required temperatures. The cause of this may be a lack of freon. Fixed by adding refrigerant by a refrigeration technician.
- The ice maker produces cloudy, irregularly shaped ice due to poor-quality water. To solve this problem, repairing the pump or cleaning the nozzles is required.
- A clogged radiator can cause interruptions in the operation of the generator pump. Technicians clean the radiator to prevent its failure and subsequent repair or replacement.
- Noises or intense vibrations that occur during the unit’s operation indicate failure of its capacitor’s elements. The problem is resolved by diagnosing and repairing the faulty unit.
- Violations and interruptions in the operation of the ice maker occur due to software or mechanical failures in its electrical part. They are solved by reprogramming and replacing damaged parts of the circuit.
You can call Ok Appliance Repairs and say, “my ice maker stopped working,” their technicians will quickly come to your home and repair the icemaker in Charlotte and provide papers ensuring the warranty period for the work performed.