More and more students today are striving to pursue advanced education in a foreign country. The trend of studying abroad is becoming a ‘rite of passage’ for some candidates desiring to make a lucrative career in their chosen field abroad. However, the path to undertaking quality learning overseas has its fair share of challenges. Even if one relocates and fortuitously gets admission into their target international institution, the expensive tuition fee, cost of living and other expenses can severely interfere with their lifelong educational dreams.
Many even take up part-time employment to compensate for their lack of funds. Of course, doing so poses another kind of torment -finding less time to concentrate on their studies and course assignments. Scholarships prove to be a wonderful solution to manage their study expenditures. The good news is there are plenty around to apply for. The easiest way to learn and apply for worthy studentships is to connect with a noteworthy Study Abroad consultant offering TOEFL coaching online and exam preparation for PTE/IELTS/Duolingo, etc.
By associating with such revered study abroad platforms, you acquire real-time knowledge of scholarship prospects offered across several foreign nations. These websites comprise competent and experienced consultants who will help non-native students from India and other sub-continental areas find top studentship options.
AbroAdvice.com is one name to trust in case you don’t know which platform to trust for study abroad scholarship details. They comprise an elite panel of experts who will inform you about country-wise studentship grants – both merit and need-based! So, the platform is worth checking out, especially if you’re from India, seeking education grants in the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore and several other countries.
Nevertheless, Today’s Post Will Also Explain How to Get Scholarships for Studying in Your Chosen Foreign Country.
How to Apply for Studentship Grants?
First you must figure out what type of scholarship you seek. Once you find one, you must begin prepping the necessary documents. Fortunately, the application process is similar – filling up an online application, submitting documents and waiting for the results.
The Key Documents Include the Following –
- Scholarship Application Form – You must carefully fill in all sections correctly. Ensure there are no discrepancies in the presented information.
- Passport ID copy – You must present a copy of your current passport ID’s main page containing your recent photo and personal details. Make sure it is valid for 6 months post your departure abroad.
- 1 or 2 Letters of Recommendation – You must present one or two LOR documents from the previous teacher/lecturer/supervisor in charge of monitoring your work. Such documents present scholarship providers information about your skill sets, unique qualities and desire to pursue the chosen distance course learning.
- Updated Resume – You must craft a quality resume highlighting all your major USPs – experiences, hobbies, social skills, communication proficiency, study record and other proficiency levels.
- Standardized Test Scores – You must also provide SAT, ACT, GPA, and GRE scores. Of course, the requirements vary among institutions. So, clarify beforehand from their official websites.
- A motivation letter – It is an essential document for securing study grants. So, ensure you know the proper steps to compile a motivation letter, a personal statement or a scholarship essay.
- Proof of Previous Accomplishments – These documents include evidence showcasing your academic, artistic and athletic accomplishments.
- English Proficiency Test Results – Present your academic, artistic and athletic accomplishments and the language proficiency test scores. They include – TOEFL, IELTS, etc. Such documents will reveal your competency in taking the course applied at the overseas institution.
- Income Proof – You must also arrange for income proof, particularly when applying for need-based student grants.
- Acceptance Letter from An Abroad University/Institution – You must also secure a confirmation letter of acceptance into a foreign institution. Without the acceptance letter, your chances of getting the scholarship are slim.
Note – If these above documents are written in a different language, you must present the translated English version of these manuscripts.
Ways to Finding Scholarships
Now that you know the documents you must exhibit, let’s discuss where to find studentship grants.
- You can check notable study abroad portals (like AbroAdvice and similar).
- Alternatively, you can check overseas university websites for study grants depending on your study areas, level, domestic or international status, country of origin, etc. If no information is present, you can contact the institution’s representative and enquire about existing studentship options.
- Another great medium for finding quality study subsidies is checking the country’s government sites (canada.ca, dfat.gov.au) or educational (edu.au, edu.ca).
Who Are Eligible for Such Studentships?
Below are some eligibility parameters for candidates applying for scholarships. Anyone meeting them is a prime candidate for such grants.
- A strong academic merit
- From a non-native country
- For those applying for STEM, Humanities and Arts education abroad
- With relevant UG degree meeting necessary GPA requirements
- Previous work experience to pursue PG learning overseas
Final Tips Before Sending Your Documents for Scholarship Application
With the above information, finding good student grants will not be difficult. However, before dispatching your documents, consider the tips below.
- Cross-check every piece of information shared in the application form. Ensure no typos, double writing, spelling or grammar mistakes exist.
- In the personal statement/scholarship essay, use professional or formal language. Do not exceed the word limit.
- Only provide the required documents.
- Preserve a copy of the studentship application before sending it.
- Remember the exact date that you must send the documents. Do not miss the deadline.
Securing a scholarship is like a blessing for students pursuing their dream of advanced learning in a foreign institution. This guide will make securing the study grant you seek easier.
However, if you get stuck or are unsure about something, don’t hesitate to seek help from an experienced study abroad consultant.