Instagram is a popular social media platform that allows you to share pictures and short videos with others. It is straightforward to use and has a lot of interesting features. With over 200 million active users daily, it is one of the largest social media platforms around. In this blog, I will explain how to download Instagram images on your Android, iPhone, iPad, PC, or Mac.
Downloading Instagram images is one of the best options if you want to save them for later. There are numerous ways in which you can download Instagram images but this guide will help you choose the best ones. Before downloading any images, you must have a computer or phone with an internet connection
Quick Tips To Downloading Instagram Images
- Save images on Instagram (Bookmarking)
- Taking a screenshot on your device
- Download images using third-party apps or websites
- Enabling “Save Original Posts” from Instagram settings
Let us dive in and discuss all of these methods in more detail.
1. Bookmarking Images on Instagram
This is a quick method of saving Instagram posts, videos, and reels to your bookmark folder or section on Instagram so you can view them later. It is a short, fast, and efficient way to save Instagram images. Also, even if you change or misplace your device, your bookmarked posts will still be available on your Instagram account.
Steps to Bookmark a Post or Image on Instagram
- Open Instagram on your device and go to the post you want to bookmark
2. Click on the “Save” icon at the bottom-right corner of the post and that is all
3. To check your saved posts on Instagram, go to your profile, click on the hamburger icon on the top-right of your profile page, then click on “Saved” to view saved posts
2. Taking a screenshot on your device
This is another easy way to quickly save and download Instagram images on your device. All you have to do is screenshot the image and it saves directly to your device. However, if you do not know how to take a screenshot on your device, check out the tips below.
- For Android Users: Click on the lower volume button and power button simultaneously and release quickly
- For iPhone Users: Click on the upper volume button and power button simultaneously, or click on the power button and home button then release quickly
- For PC Users: Click on the windows key and print screen key simultaneously and release immediately
- For Mac Users: Press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3. If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click to edit the screenshot. Or wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop
3. Download images using third-party apps or websites
There are a lot of third-party apps and websites that help you to download Instagram images to your device. They mostly require you to just go to Instagram and copy the link of the post or image you want to download and paste it onto the website to get the image. We will discuss how to use one of those sites as a case study.
Using Inflact to Download Images from Instagram
- Go to the Instagram post, click on the three dots at the top-right corner of the post, and then copy the link to the post
2. Go to Inflact and paste the link to the photo, then download it.
4. Enabling “Save Original Posts” from Instagram settings
This setting allows you to save photos, stories, videos, reels, and profile pictures you post and edit on Instagram directly to your device.
- If you’re looking for some inspiration for your own Instagram photos, check out these breathtaking Instagram captions for baddies!
How to Enable “Save Original Posts” on Instagram
- Tap profile or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile, then click on the hamburger icon on the top right corner of your profile.
2. Click on “Settings” then “Account“, then tap Original photos (iPhone) or Original posts (Android).
3. Enable “Save Original Posts”, “Save Posted Photos”, and “Save Posted Videos” to save all content that you post
Download Instagram Images FAQ
Because photos are intellectual property, you should always exercise caution while downloading or exploiting photographs found on Instagram (or anywhere else). To keep within the legal boundaries, make sure to investigate your local legislation. Also, be certain that the image’s owner does not object to you keeping or utilizing the image.
Instagram wishes to safeguard its users’ intellectual property. This is why removing photos from the app is so difficult.
Instagram image resolution is limited to 1080p width. Any image more than 1080 pixels wide will be cropped. Anything smaller than that will be stretched.
In Conclusion: Download Instagram Images – Complete Guide and Tips
Instagram is a great photo-sharing app. But it is still not possible to use this app to download images on your device. This guide will demonstrate how you can easily download pictures and videos from Instagram, and share them with friends.