Summer is here, and it’s time to hit the beach or pool! Everyone should feel confident and beautiful in their swimsuit, no matter their size or shape; adopting body positivity is an initial step towards looking and feeling great wearing swimwear. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of finding the perfect plus size swimwear, from identifying your body shape to exploring trendy style patterns and mixing and matching swimwear pieces.
Embracing Body Positivity And Confidence
Before setting out on your swimsuit shopping journey, it’s essential to embrace body positivity and build self-confidence. Remember that beauty comes in all forms; feel good about yourself as this radiates out from within! Surround yourself with positive influences that reinforce that belief you are beautiful just the way you are.
Identifying Your Body Shape
Understanding your body shape is crucial when selecting the right swimsuit that complements your figure. Here are the four common body shapes:
- Apple Shape: If you have an apple-shaped body, you carry your weight in the midsection, and your shoulders are broader than your hips. Look for swimsuits that offer tummy control and support for your bust.
- Pear Shape: Pear-shaped bodies have narrower shoulders and a wider hip and thigh area. Opt for swimsuits that draw attention to your upper body while offering coverage and support for your lower half.
- Hourglass Shape: An hourglass figure is characterized by a well-defined waist, with a bust and hips in proportion. Swimwear that highlights your curves while providing ample support is ideal for this body type.
- Rectangle Shape: If your shoulders, waist, and hips are all about the same width, you have a rectangular body shape. Swimsuits that create curves or add dimension to your figure work well for this shape.
Swimsuit Styles For Different Body Shapes
Now that you’ve identified your body shape let’s explore the swimsuit styles that are most flattering for each shape:
- One-piece swimsuits with ruching or draping in the midsection to create a more defined waist.
- High-waisted bikini bottoms to provide tummy control.
- Swimsuits with thicker straps or built-in bra support for the bust.
- A-line or flared bikini bottoms to balance out your proportions.
- Halter or bandeau tops to draw attention to your shoulders and upper body.
- Swimsuits with bold patterns or details on the top.
- Bikinis with underwire or supportive cups to enhance your bust.
- High-cut bottoms to highlight your waist and hips.
- Wrap-style swimsuits that accentuate your curves.
- Swimsuits with ruffles, fringes, or patterns to add volume to your bust and hips.
- Monokinis or one-piece swimsuits with side cutouts to create the illusion of curves.
- Belted swimsuits to cinch the waist and create definition.
Trendy Patterns And Colors For Plus-Size Swimwear
When it comes to plus-size swimwear, there are numerous trendy patterns and colours to choose from that can elevate your beach or poolside look:
- Solid Colours: Classic solid colours like black, navy, and deep jewel tones are flattering and timeless. They create a sleek and elegant appearance while offering versatility for mix-and-match options.
- Floral Prints: Floral prints are always in style for swimwear. Choose larger prints for a bold, eye-catching look or smaller prints for a more delicate and feminine
- Geometric Patterns: Geometric patterns and abstract prints can create visual interest and draw attention to your favourite features.
- Animal Prints: Animal prints, such as leopard or zebra, add a touch of wild sophistication to your swimwear collection.
- Bright And Vibrant Hues: Don’t be afraid to embrace bright and vibrant colours like coral, turquoise, and hot pink. These colours can exude confidence and make you stand out.
Mixing And Matching Swimwear Pieces
Mixing and matching swimwear pieces enables you to craft an individualistic and fashionable style that meets your personal taste. Here are some helpful hints on mixing and matching:
- Tops And Bottoms: Pair a solid-coloured bikini top with patterned bottoms, or vice versa, to create visual interest.
- Cover-Ups: Layer a stylish cover-up, such as a sheer kimono or a lightweight maxi dress, over your swimsuit for a chic and modest look.
- Accessories: Add accessories like oversized sunglasses, floppy hats, and statement jewellery to complete your beach ensemble.
- Footwear: Choose comfortable and stylish sandals or flip-flops that match your swimwear for a cohesive look.