If you love nature and want to explore it deeply, there is no better way of doing it than by following a hiking trail. Any particular area of immense natural beauty and ancient past will have many hiking trails that take you through different areas where you can see nature, monuments, ruins, and relics at close quarters and take breathtakingly beautiful photos.
Discover The Beauty Of Lebanon Through Its Unusual Hiking Trails
Lebanon has many hiking trails that take you into its forested areas, where you can see thick trees, exotic plants, endangered wildlife, beautiful plant life, monasteries, stone carvings, waterfalls, and much more. Explore Lebanon’s mesmerising hiking trails across the country by arriving in Beirut through Middle East Airlines Booking from your country’s capital. Here is a look at the eight best hiking spots in Lebanon:
- Al Shouf Cedar Reserve has a rich ecosystem and is the country’s largest reserve, so journeying through its habitat is a fabulous adventure. It is home to an immense 500 plant species, 200 species of birds, 32 mammals, and trees that are about 2000 years old. Make reservations for exploring it through hiking, mountain biking, or snowshoeing.
- Akoura is a beautiful, picturesque village surrounded by breathtakingly beautiful mountains that can be explored through hiking paths. On your journey, the key places to visit are Paul Church and the Suit Peters stone statue. You will also get to see the majestic Akoura Waterfall, which is divine in its beauty and sound.
- Balou Balaa: The beautiful waterfall here is a lovely sight, one that is perfect for nature photography as it is surrounded by such greenery. It is also called the Baatara Gorge Waterfall, and its icy melt waters fall from a height of 255 metres into a cave and, over the centuries, have carved out three arcs at the end of the steep gorge.
- Bentael Nature Reserve is one of the country’s smallest reserves and is filled with abundant trees. It is a place where you will see some beautiful plants and trees like nowhere else. It is located close to the Bentael River, and as you explore this place, you will also see St. John’s hermitage and chapel, cut out from a rock in the 12th century.
- Tannourine Cedar Forest Nature Reserve: This large reserve is dense with lovely cedar trees and covered with 70000 old trees, much of which are cedar. Other trees that can be found here are maple, oak, and juniper. Those coming here explore its beauty through rocky hiking trails, and during their journey, they can also see many wild animals and exotic birds.
- Kadisha Valley, also known as Holy Valley, is cut out by the River Kadisha and is famous for its ancient Christian monasteries. Hiking journeys take you on well-maintained paths through which you can see the mesmerising beauty of this place and also get to see many hermitages that are hidden from view.
- Horsh Ehden Nature Reserve is full of exotic plants and trees, many of which are rare, making hiking through it a wonderful adventure. Its wild apple trees are protected, and it is also home to many endangered wild animals and birds, such as red foxes, grey wolves, golden jackals, etc. As you explore it, you will see the beauty of its valleys, gorges, and varied flora and fauna.
- Yahchouch: Exploring this place takes you across scenic waterfalls that are a delight to photograph. There are many long tunnels. You will walk across many river beds where you can see amazing plants and wildlife. As you explore, you will come across many different terrains that show the rare and unique beauty of this place.
Reach Lebanon directly through Middle East airline bookings, and upon landing, opt for hiking trails that offer a unique experience. As you go over many hiking trails during your vacation in Lebanon, you will discover its natural beauty is indeed exotic and very peculiar to this part of the world. They also take you to places where you can see ancient Christian monasteries, Roman temples cut out from cliffs, tranquil villages, and massive forests of cedar and other types of wood.