The allure of a career in IT paints a captivating picture. Many beginners in the field envision themselves sitting beneath palm trees, crafting cutting-edge IT solutions in idyllic settings. While some indeed live this dream, we encourage you to set realistic goals. Aim for a sought-after profession that fulfills your needs, whether it leads you to palm-fringed beaches or simply a comfortable work environment.
At GoIT, we provide a clear roadmap to guide you in becoming a proficient technician capable of creating outstanding projects that benefit your business. In the sections below, we will elucidate:
- Steps to take if you’re entirely new to IT and need more prior knowledge.
- The five essential components of the best IT courses are tailored for beginners.
- The compelling reasons to opt for free programming courses online over attempting self-study.
Additionally, we will delve into pivotal milestones, including certification and job hunting, to facilitate a successful start to your IT career.
How GoIT helps you learn more about IT
Every day, newcomers searching for information about IT encounter many sources providing valuable insights. Here are some places to kickstart your quest:
- Webinars: GoIT hosts weekly webinars where experienced developers, QA specialists, web designers, and other IT professionals share insights about their professions and answer your questions.
- YouTube Channels: For instance, GoIT consistently releases videos on specific topics that serve as valuable learning resources.
- Meetups and Conferences: These live workshops delve into essential aspects of launching a career in the IT sphere. Unlike formal programming courses Philippines, participation in such events is typically free. For example, during the IT Fest organized by GoIT, you can obtain a roadmap for your career development and even secure discounts on training.
Additionally, you can tap into the platforms routinely used by IT professionals:
- Stack Overflow: A forum where programmers can seek answers to various technical problems and pose questions.
- GitHub: A repository for storing and sharing source code and a platform offering access to open projects serving valuable learning resources.
- Medium: Home to numerous technical blogs and articles authored by IT professionals.
- Hacker News: A news aggregator specializing in startups, technology, and programming.
This revised version enhances grammar and clarity while providing a more informative overview of the available resources for newcomers in the IT field.
IT courses online: 5 components of the right choice
Learning IT skills is different from going to school. You don’t need desks and answers on the board. But all you need to do is stick to the curriculum.
Here, we will provide you with a checklist comprising the five essential components of the best courses tailored for you:
- Job Security: Will you invest your efforts in rigorous studies if guaranteed a promising job with a monthly salary of 60,000 PHP within 6-12 months? GoIT assures the employment of every diligent student who completes the entire curriculum.
- Mentors – Senior Specialists: GoIT students receive training from seasoned professionals who practice their craft daily, possessing only the most up-to-date skills.
- Updated Training Program: GoIT’s managers maintain constant vigilance over industry trends. They regularly update the tech courses materials, ensuring you are equipped with the most current data.
- Practical Emphasis: A significant portion of the training, 75%, is dedicated to hands-on practice. Employers value real development experience over theoretical knowledge alone. By the end of the course, you will have completed over 5 team projects that can be added to your resume.
- Official Diploma: Upon completing your GoIT training, you will receive an official certificate.
If you find all five of these components when choosing the suitable courses, you can rest assured that your training will benefit your career.
Online coding courses: where to begin?
If you’re starting out, and you know about IT prospects, we recommend that you start with GoIT’s free marathons:
- HTML+SCC marathon – you can create site markup;
- UX/UI design marathon where you will create a mockup of your application;
- Java marathon – you will get acquainted with the programming language, learn its advantages, and create a telegram bot;
- Python marathon – you will learn more about one of the most promising programming languages, and create the first database;
- QA marathon – you will try yourself in testing and, in 4 days, determine the benefits of this profession;
- A Data Analyst marathon will equip you with the skills to comprehend and analyze data effectively.
- 7-day marathon where you will try yourself in 5 IT professions.
You can get to run marathons at your convenience. The marathon training process will take several hours every day, but you will be able to prepare for the actual courses.
Therefore, if you plan to start training courses, start with marathons. This way, you not only prepare yourself but also determine the qualifications of your mentors.